Cherry de Pon Review

Kirkland Schuessler

Situated in a strip center on the heavily traveled Bellaire Boulevard, recently opened Cherry de Pon offers the kind of frozen yogurt that one does not want to miss.  With one of the largest selection of flavors out of the many frozen yogurt stores, Cherry de Pon has something for everyone.  The original flavor is the perfect combination between sweet and tart and has a perfect not too creamy, but not too icy texture.  The wide variety of unique and exotic flavors include Greek Honey, Taro, Angel Food Cake, Dulce de Leche and Sweet Coconut.  Flavors for the more traditional taste palette include Cookies and Cream, Cable Car Chocolate, Vanilla and Very Strawberry.  Cherry de Pon also serves flavor filled Kiwi-Strawberry and Pomegranate-Raspberry sorbets.  Matching the wide variety of yogurt flavors is a wide variety of toppings including cookies, candies, fresh fruits and jelly strips, unique to Cherry de Pon.

Following society’s health trend, Cherry de Pon’s walls are lined with large posters displaying each menu item’s nutrition facts.  Shelves lined with Monopoly, Sorry, Battleship and Uno provide entertainment while one eats the delicious yogurt.  While adults read the nutrition posters, kids can play with the many games that Cherry de Pon has stored away for them, while viewing shows on the plasma screen TV hung quaintly in the corner.

Cherry de Pon also offers one-of-a-kind flavors of bubble tea.  This option suits the more developed taste buds of parents and teens alike.  The store also offers smoothies and dessert smoothies, which are more like milkshakes for those craving something sweeter.

At only forty-two cents an ounce, Cherry de Pon’s cheap yogurt is the best in town.  It may be the newest, but it is definitely a must try.