Restaurant Review: New Greenway Plaza’s Salata leads the new salad ‘generation’

Salatas gourmet menu offers an abundance of food options. Courtesy of salata.com
Salata’s gourmet menu offers an abundance of food options. Courtesy of salata.com

Fresh gourmet salads are never an easy find. Searches for salads end up in finding the same tired ingredients. New Greenway Plaza restaurant, Salata, represents a cure for the over used typical salad bar.

The original downtown tunnel favorite expanded recently to Upper Greenway. Salata opened in Greenway Plaza and provides Houstonians a full, gourmet salad bar. The location hidden in the corner of the top floor of Greenway Center houses a full salad bar complete with every lettuce imaginable, bright, ripe fruits, wholesome vegetables, and all types of nuts. The bar also boasts grilled BBQ chicken, pesto chicken, baked salmon filets, grilled shrimp, and crab meat to choose from for a salad with higher protein. Final touches to the salad include croutons, avocado, and pita chips.

Salata’s open feel and soft music make for the perfect atmosphere to relax with friends over a nice customizable salad and house made sweet raspberry lemonade. The staff working behind the bar follow every request and have no problem adding more ingredients to the salad or peeling and cutting the ingredients fresh as they prepare the individual salad. Even the dressings are fresh and natural. All dressings are made all natural on site. For a set price of $8, the salad can grow to infinite possibilities without the weight increasing the price.

Amazingly fresh and delicious products at Salata fill the once long, depressing, typical salad bar. With such a distinct and successful product, no other salad bar can compare to Salata’s beloved bar. Between the different types of lettuce, fruits, vegetables, toppings, dressings, and proteins, Salata pleases every palate every time.