Restaurant Review: Maine-ly Sandwiches offers true northeastern experience

Maine-ly offers a real coastal experience in its small setting.

A taste of authentic northeastern cuisine: Maine-ly Sandwiches

Maine-ly Sandwiches is located right on Shepard in the Montrose area. The exterior is small and quaint, but inside, the restaurant is filled with beach scenery and furniture, making you feel like you are getting fresh seafood right off the coast. There is plenty of seating inside, however parking is a little troublesome. The hassle however, is worth it. Their menu is simple, consisting of sandwich and soup options. The best part? Everything but the lobster rolls is under $10, and each order comes with a piece of saltwater taffy.

Their most popular item is the lobster roll. My parents and I order it every time because the roll is filled to the brim with fresh lobster meat and a bit of pepper and sauce. It compliments really well with the clam chowder.  I decided to order a chicken salad sandwich and it was not disappointing. I got two rolls for under the price of one lobster roll, and it was equally satisfying because the chicken was fresh and the salad had pecans and crisp lettuce. Each plate is on a plastic basket and disposable containers for easy cleanup.

A look inside of Maine-ly reveals its unique setting.

The “Whoopie pie” is notable as well. It is a sweet cream filling wedged in-between two very soft cookies. My blueberry flavored treat had blueberries in the filling and has more of a cake-like consistency. I was also introduced to the Moxie root beer drink that comes in both a glass bottle and can version; a brand of soda I presume is based in the northeast. Although I’m not the biggest fan of root beer, it was a refreshing drink that did not take away from my entrée.

For a relatively low price and authentic, easy east coast lunch, I highly recommend Maine-Ly Sandwiches. It’s obvious their customers are loyal, ordering the delicious lobster rolls each time.