Lady Cardinals Volleyball team on a roll

Sep 11, 2015

Lady Cardinals gather for a timeout huddle.
Angel Burgos

Rubber soles squeaked against the gym floor as girls dived and jumped to maintain their lead. In the stands, parents clapped and students called out the encouraging sound of Bellaire’s color shout. As the clock ticked down to the end of the third and final set, it was obvious that the Lady Cardinals had secured yet another win.

On Tuesday September 1, the volleyball team played a game against the Clearbrook Wolverines. While both teams played valiantly, Lady Cardinals maintained a substantial lead throughout the game.

Coach AP Clark explained how the girls prepared for their game against Clearbrook.

“We always look at what team we’re playing, and then adjust our practice to that,” Clark said. “We have a really nice team this year, and I think that if they all work up to their potential, they could beat anyone we play.”

The team showed remarkable athleticism when they leaped and dove, spiked and set. The game was amazingly well-played and was yet another display of the dedication and hard work of the volleyball team.

Senior Jade Robinson explained the preparation for the game and how they plan to keep playing such wonderful games.

“The team gets together and set our goals,” Robinson said. “We motivate and encourage eachother to improve our skills. We try to keep achieving our goals, and once they’re reached we set higher ones.”

Come root for the Varsity Volleyball team against Westbury on September 8 at Butler.