Belles+perform+at+halftime+during+the+Homecoming+game+

Daniela Fuentes

Belles perform at halftime during the Homecoming game

Belles work towards perfection at start of year

Oct 23, 2014

Left turn. Bend and swirl. Jump! The Belles, new and experienced, concentrated on each move as their officers demonstrated the dance route with patience and dedication.

As the school year began, practices were held every day during class and after school in the cafeteria. Junior Elise Betts, captain of the dance team, explained the motivation behind their hard work.

“The goal is to do our very best and not make any mistakes.” Betts said. “Pep rallies are coming up and we are hoping to show people what we have got. We are also excited to participate in various competitions that are coming up.

Belles’ agenda for the year consisted of a HISD competition and a private competition during the fall season as well as football games. Later in the spring, the Belles will host a Spring Show as well as traveling to Disney World in order to perform there. Senior Hannah Kay, top colonel of the Belles program, expressed her enthusiasm over spending more time with Belles at these upcoming activities.

“These Belles are practically my sisters.” Kay said. “We work together. The officers are training the newbies by correcting their dance moves all the time, and in return we have an incredible performance.”