Spotlight shines on the 2015 Miss Bellaire

Feb 6, 2015

Escort senior Sydney Scherer stands beside 2015 Mr. Bellaire senior Ari Silverman

MAll spotlights were on senior Ari Silverman Jan. 28 after he was crowned the 2015 Mr. Bellaire. However Silverman wasn’t the only winner that night, his escort, senior Sydney Scherer earned the title of the 2015 Miss Bellaire. Scherer described the process of becoming Mr. Bellaire’s escort.

“The pairing of the couples was done randomly, but they had to take into consideration that I was the tallest girl there. They paired up twenty-five girls with twenty-five guys,” Scherer explained. “The parents volunteered to help with the pair ups and they tried to get everyone to pair up with a friend so that each couple would be happy.”

Silverman and Scherer had to attend long rehearsals where they learned the beach scene dance and planned their different outfits regarding beach wear, formal wear, and their signature costume as well as several run-throughs of the show the week before the event. Their ideas for the various parts of the evening brought them straight to the top to win competition.

“We came up with the Santa and Mrs. Claus costumes and a signature move where Ari got on one knee and I sat on it, then whispered in his ear and he pulled out a pair of shoes,” Scherer said. “It feels pretty cool that my partner won, but I don’t really feel like a Miss Bellaire. People came to me and acknowledged that Ari and I won, so I felt honored when people congratulated us.”

Scherer shared her thoughts on what it takes to be the perfect Mr. Bellaire.

“The ideal Mr. Bellaire is someone who is friendly, outgoing, funny, talented, an average student, active in a sport or club, and a well-rounded person who is genial as well. They need to be someone that can make people smile and good-looking.”

All money raised from the event will be allocated to the Class of 2015’s After Prom event.