Hannah Turner

HUMANS OF BELLAIRE – Samantha Wexler

“My favorite thing that I have done at Bellaire has been the spring show for the Belles because we’ve had one my sophomore year, my junior year and my senior year. We didn’t get one my freshman year because of COVID. But the past few years have been amazing because you’re going through this big show with 60 other people who all understand the stress, the craziness and the excitement of it all, like you all have the exact same emotions going on together. It’s like one big happy family, and I love being with them and dancing with them and being on stage. It’s kind of like one last hurrah for the seniors because it’s our last performance for a lot of us. It’s one of the last times we’re ever going to dance on a drill team because a lot of us are going to college. We’ll do dance classes or just stop dancing altogether because it’s not an option for us in college, so it’s really nice to have this one big finale to our whole year as a team and dancing all throughout high school. [It’s been] so amazing.

I think the thing I’m going to miss most about Bellaire is the people and the little families and bubbles that I have at the school. Of course I have Belles, and they’re one of my families. I have all of my friends that are in IB, they’re a whole ‘nother type of family to me. And all of the different clubs I’m in, I have a lot of people that I know and that I can talk with, be around and have experiences with. I know at big schools, you can find those groups, but they’re going to be different from what I have now. And different is good, but also I’m going to miss what I have now because I really like the environment and the people that I work with. They’re all just such great people, and I love being around them. I really am going to miss them so much. 

People have asked me all the time ‘oh, are you going to miss anything about Bellaire?’ and I always go back to the people because the schoolwork has gotten kind of crazy and intense. I’m very ready to be done with it and shove it out the door. But the people are definitely something very, very unique.”

Three Penny Press • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in