Dinna Pineda

Senior Michael Rohr dances with mascot senior Reagan Bazarsky

First Pep Rally Brings Excitement

Sep 17, 2014

Get some pep in your step!

On Friday, Sept. 5, the Varsity cheerleaders kicked off the first pep rally of the year with a gravity defying performance to Nicki Minaj’s newest hit “Anaconda.” After their performance, they introduced the new members of the cheerleading squad, ending with senior captains Abby Newhouse and Elise Pantazis. Next, the Belle officers, senior Colonel Hannah Kay, senior Colonel Sydney Duran, senior Lieutenant Colonel Megan Suchart, and junior captains Brianna Kelley and Elise Betts performed a pom dance. After about thirty minutes, the football players ran down the aisles and walked across the stage as their names were called. Head football trainer Imani Johnson found the pep rally beneficial for the upcoming football season.

“This pep rally was awesome! It really helped get everyone pumped up for the 2014-2015 season.” Johnson said.

To end the pep rally, the senior Birdkeepers Michael Atkins, Broderick Braziel, Arjun Das, Richard Goldman, Cole Holan, Bret Jaco, Michael Rohr, and Eric Vallejo took to the stage to perform with Reagan Barasky dressed as mascot Carly the Cardinal to a “throwback mix” with popular songs “2-step” and “Soulja Boy”. Lastly, senior Booster Club members Alexis Campa, Madison McCorquodale, Fatou Sakho, Sydney Scherer, and Claire Weddle announced the winners of the spirit sticks for various sports.

After everything ended, freshman Abby Walker shared her first high school pep rally experience.

“With this being my first pep rally, it was cool to see the energy levels change once the football players came inside.” Walker said.

Bellaire students look forward to an exciting football season, especially the Homecoming and Lamar football game.