Joe Mabry

Senior Cadet Officer Jennifer Iglesias (left) stands over her group during the JROTC Cadet Meet and Greet.

JROTC meet and greet welcomes new members

Oct 8, 2014

On Friday, Oct. 3, The Bellaire Army Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) hosted this year’s Cadet Meet and Greet event. More than 100 Cadets attended the event. JROTC-Themed entertainment along with lots of food created a friendly environment that welcomed the attendees.

Lieutenant Colonel Dennis O’ Driscoll hoped that it would bring the new recruits together and create a more connected family.

“The event is going well,” Driscoll said. “Those that stayed behind after the food are having a great time. Now, the new Cadets know the staff, they know other people, and they realize how big the program is. It’s not just their [class] period. I hope that it brings them a little bit closer together.”

Cadet officer Jennifer Iglesias shared the same opinion.

“The event is going awesome,” Iglesias said. “Everybody got to meet somebody different that they didn’t know before whether they were freshman or seniors. I hope that the event encourages other students to join clubs, join competitions, and be more active and productive in the ROTC program.”

JROTC looks forward for its first drill team competition of the year Oct. 26.