Robotics+member+work+on+their+robot+for+the+Mini+Make+Faire+Showcase+

Bernard Li

Robotics member work on their robot for the Mini Make Faire Showcase

Robotics team showcases creations at Houston Mini Maker Faire

Nov 24, 2014

On Nov. 1, The Robotics team participated in the Houston Mini Maker Faire at Stafford Center. The Houston Maker Faire is to help the new Robotics students see and learn more about science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and to prepare for the upcoming competitions. At the Houston Mini Maker Faire, the team met with innovative and creative people to share their designs, ideas and experiences with robots with other people as well as promote STEM.

Senior Andrew Advani, president of the Robotics team, expressed his thoughts on the Maker Faire.

“It was just a chance for different makers to show off what they have,” Advani said. “It’s a fun event and we were invited.”

Sophomore Henryk Viana also had similar views about the Mini Maker Faire.

“I thought the Maker Faire was very interesting,” Viana said. “We get inspirational designs from the designs that other people make and usually the best way to design a robot is to look at what other people have done, but to create your own as well.”

During the event, the Robotics team was able to show off their VEX robot from the VEX Robotics Competition.

On Nov. 8, The team also participated in the Houston Robotics Remix, a competition for the new members to learn how the First Robotics Competition (FRC) works. At the competition, they were able to promote their FRC robot.