Claire Weddle

Junior Sena Sarikaya, historian of the Spanish Drama Club, takes a photo of junior Beth Suttin at the photo booth.

Spanish Drama club captures Valentine’s Day moments

Feb 6, 2015

The Spanish Drama Club has taken a unique approach to fundraising in order to pay for new costumes. Instead of selling candy or T-shirts, the club decided to have a Valentine’s Day themed photo booth. On Feb. 5, the club launched the first day of the photo booth during lunch. For three dollars, students are able to order individual printed photographs that they took at the photo booth.

Club members constructed the entire booth from materials they bought from craft stores. The red background was full of balloons and lanterns in addition to many funny props for people to wear in the photo. Spanish Drama Club President Stephanie Escobar talked about how the club was inspired to create their own photo booth.

“The photo booth idea came from a member who thought it would be great for fundraising because it would be fun for students to take pictures with their friends using funny props like hats and mustaches,” Escobar said.

Club members spent many hours in order to complete the photo booth in two weeks.

“The club prepared the photo booth by going out to buy all the materials,” Escobar said. “Members stayed multiple lunch periods and afternoons to work on the frames, background and props.”

The Spanish Drama Club consists of students enrolled in the fifth level of Spanish. The club performed a play inspired by “Don Quijote” at the end of the fall semester and is currently preparing for a spring semester show. The money raised from the photo booth will go to buying authentic costumes that coincide with the time era of the plays and literature pieces the club performs.

The photo booth will continue every day during lunch in room 254 until Feb. 12.