Photo provided by www.luigipizzamidtown.com

Luigi’s Pizzeria brings Little Italy to the city of Bellaire

Jan 31, 2015

Luigi’s Pizzeria on Bissonnet and Newcastle in Bellaire is a prime example of an authentic Italian-styled restaurant that fuses the culture gap between the United States small restaurant feel and a gourmet pizzeria.

The décor of Luigi’s, between pictures of Italian hillside and monuments to the classic red and white checkered tablecloth, provides an authentic vibe that can be felt across the room. Smells of fresh ingredients permeate the small room and create an atmosphere that centralizes around food.

When I recently visited the establishment, I ordered two slices of their fresh pizza. One was called the Margherita pizza, which consisted of fresh, chopped spinach leaves as a topping, along with melted cheese covering the slice. The crust was pretty dry and slightly burned, but overall it was an enjoyable entre. It wasn’t greasy or dry, and the level of sauce seemed to be appropriate for the slice.

The second slice I ordered was the “All Meats” slice, which had pieces of hamburger meat, pepperoni slices, pieces of ham, and onions as toppings. I was able to surmise that the ingredients were extremely fresh, and the meat was cooked very well. This slice’s crust was not overdone, and did not have a super dry taste.

All in all, I would strongly recommend this restaurant. As either an after-school hang out on a half day or even a date, Luigi’s Pizzeria provides an atmosphere that allows you to focus on the food and the people you’re enjoying the food with. The average price is pretty inexpensive for the high quality of the slices, ranging from about four dollars to 6 dollars per slice. This makes it an affordable way to get authentic-styled pizza in Bellaire, which is pretty rare.