Deer Park Classic Golf Tournament

Deer Park Classic Golf Tournament

On Battleground Course, the Bellaire golf team demonstrated their skills in the Deer Park Classic Golf Tournament. One of the top ranked female players on the team, junior Emily Gilbreth, shot a 73 on the course. Gilbreth, a key member of the Bellaire squad, is ranked in Texas for golf and has been playing all her life. Through her experiences, she has learned many lessons on her path towards a golf career.

“I think the biggest lesson learned would be me thinking through things which would help me on the course,” said Gilbreth.

As a student at Bellaire High School, she is able practice and play during the year while maintaining good grades; however, this feat does not come easily.

“During the summer I play really serious and high level golf tournaments,” said Gilbreth. “I am a part of the American Junior Golf Association and the Texas Junior Golf Tour League. The school year is a good way to play low key events while building up skill for the summer. “The best part of the school year, though, is being able to have fun with golf players from my school.”

Gilbreth plans to take her skills to the next level throughout her years at Bellaire High School to one day play golf with professionals.