Profiles: Anna Hiran

Sami Bissonnet

Name: Anna Hiran

Age: 18

Grade: Senior

School: Bellaire High School

Accomplishments:

Academic:

President, Bellaire Student Government

President, Bellaire National Honor Society

AP Scholar with Honors

Dance:

1st runner-up soloist at Showtime Dance Nationals

Performer at the 2012 AT&T Cotton Bowl Halftime Show

Performer in the H-E-B Thanksgiving Parade

Clubs/Activities: Student Government, National Honor Society, National Beta Club, Spanish Club, Theater, Jazz/Hip hop and Contemporary Dance

Favorite class and why: My favorite class is Economics because I find it to be a perfect mix of mathematics and government. I learn something new everyday in my Macroeconomics class and I particularly love the applicability of the subject.

Favorite thing to do after school and why: I enjoy going to the gym or dance classes after school. Exercise increases my overall focus and helps relieve a day’s worth of stress. Plus, it’s important to maintain physical fitness!

Favorite musical genre/band/song and why: My favorite song is “One Day More” from Les Misérables. I’m an avid fan of musicals because the songs are fun to sing along to in the shower and the lyrics often address an important issue within a social or historical context.

Favorite website and why: I cannot go a single day without Google. The idea that almost any question can be answered using Google never ceases to amaze me. It’s incredible what that search engine is capable of doing.

Favorite TV show and why: Law & Order: SVU– Each episode’s storyline has so many twists and turns. The writing is fantastic, which is probably the reason why the show is still running for its 14th season!

Favorite movie and why: I’ve watched The Devil Wears Prada multiple times because Meryl Streep does such a wonderful job playing Miranda Priestly. I’ve always admired Priestly’s perseverance and ambition (and sense of fashion, of course).

Favorite book and why: The Harry Potter series plays a large role in my life. I grew up with Harry and cannot imagine my childhood without him. The parallel between the social issues in our world and social issues in his becomes intriguing when looked at in detail.

Ambition: I hope to pursue a career in business or law. I have not yet decided where I will attend college in the fall. I recently received acceptance into UT Austin’s Business Honors Program, and I feel very lucky to have that as an option.

What I’m passionate about: I love to perform academically as well as artistically. I enjoy utilizing the wonderful education I’ve been offered and I love the thrill and craft of dancing and acting.

What inspires me: My parents inspire me. I know it’s a cliché, but I cannot express how much my parents have done for me. They have provided me with all the support I need in the world.

Three items that I absolutely cannot live without: My planning agenda, my cell phone with all of my personal contacts and emails, and my watch. These three items are irreplaceable to me.