Students Find a Community in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes

Photo+by+Daniela+Fuentes+

Photo by Daniela Fuentes

Jennifer Wang, Features Editor

With over hundreds of clubs focusing on different topics, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) provides a unique insight unlike any other club at Bellaire. FCA is sponsored by Greg Menephee and Rebecca Childs. Meetings are usually held on Thursdays in room 135 unless a prep rally in the courtyard or a National Honor Society meeting happens to fall on the same day. If that is the case, FCA then resumes meetings on Fridays in room 127.

Junior Kate Campbell views FCA as a special club which has impacted her. Campbell recounts her sophomore year, the year she joined FCA. Campbell decided to join the club since her best friend was president of the club and she ended up enjoying the club for what it offers. Campbell describes the purpose of the club and the activities members of the club participate in.

“FCA is all about community and fellowship,” Campbell said. “We meet at lunch to talk about Jesus and his glory and the joy that we share together in that. On the weekends we play various sports like ultimate Frisbee or kickball.”

FCA frequently brings in speakers to the meetings or has officers that speak to the club in order to inspire members. Another goal of FCA is to have good fellowship. Campbell explains the aspects she admires of the club and the experiences she has gone through.

“My favorite part of FCA would have to be how real it gets and how honest people are with themselves as well as Jesus,” Campbell said. “It’s a really sweet thing to see and be a part of. I am so glad that I joined. The way people love each other in that club is one of the many reasons of what makes FCA the club it is.”