HUMANS OF BELLAIRE – JuanDiego Cerda

Provided by JuanDiego Cerda

“A two-week break turned out to be four years. I would have never known how fast time can fly. 

I still remember being an 8th grader in April of 2020, the week right before spring break, but here I am now, less than a month away from graduating high school. I have come a long way since I started high school during COVID. It was a very different experience. You [couldn’t] talk to [the] person next to you since your class was digital, and [the screen] would just be full of blank profile pictures with only the teacher having their camera on. I wasn’t sure how well I would be able to make friends until sophomore year.

It was great to finally talk to people in person. I noticed a lot of people I didn’t recognize because they all came from different schools. Most groups sat with their old friends, so I learned to appreciate the seating charts. I have met so many amazing people via seating charts. I also worked hard to finally socialize and make Bellaire my home. 

My musical journey began in my sophomore year when I joined guitar. I made it into varsity [in] my junior year. Within the next year, I founded my club, the badminton club, and watched it become one of the fastest-growing clubs. In addition to the badminton club, I also joined many other clubs that made me realize Bellaire is filled with so many wonderful people.

My greatest adventures would also lie in guitar because the field trips where we would leave school would always be the best. [I] won awards, medals and competitions while being on varsity guitar. I found an additional home in Bellaire through its music. In addition to my music classes, I want to shout out all my AP teachers for being absolutely awesome. Bellaire [has] so many talented and sophisticated teachers. Everyday, I looked forward to attending class.

I will never forget the precious moments I have experienced with the friends I made along the way. I will truly miss all my friends. They are like family to me. I’m proud of how far I have come in my high school journey.”