Perfect Attendance

Perfect+Attendance
Alex Luckey

Seven classes.  All day. Every day. For numerous students, an absence is not an option. As an award for perfect attendance, the Bellaire PTO and staff awarded students with perfect attendance the opportunity to win numerous prizes, from an iPad to iPod shuffles to gift cards. Students with perfect attendance gathered in the auditorium at lunch to watch the raffle take place.
Students eagerly sat on the edge of their seat as Principal Michael McDonough read the ballots. The winner of the iPad was chosen first. Andrea Casillas won the iPad. Unfortunately, she was not present to win, but she will still be the proud owner of the prized iPad.
Although an iPad could not be awarded to everyone with perfect attendance the students remaining in the auditorium still had hopes of winning more prizes, like iPod shuffles, Skullcandy headphones and gift cards. McDonough pulled the winner for the iPod shuffle, and the winner was Nga Huynh. All hope was not lost because McDonough still had another iPod shuffle winner to announce. Jeishlyn Duran won the second iPod shuffle.
Students lost excitement as the bigger prizes were given away, but McDonough still had to announce four winners of Skullcandy headphones. The winners of the headphones were Yasenia Lopez Orosko, Jonathan Barnes, Willis Nguy, and Annie Vu. After the winners claimed the prize, McDonough began announcing gift card winners. The gift card winners were Jenessi Ceron Anuario, Jeanny Nguyen, Matias Kopinsky, Ismael Carreon, Liang Ren, Alexander Caplan, Baongan Nguyen Chuor, and Ali Basheer Al Rawi.
Due to time constraints, McDonough asked the remaining 25 students to write their name on another ballot. The remaining gift cards would be raffled to the students that attended the drawing but did not win anything.