Juniors Pick Classes for Senior Year

Junior Clara VanLandingham discusses her future with the college access counselor, Rachael Manraj.

Alex Luckey

Claire Weddle, Features Editor

Over the course of the months of March and April, juniors have been and will be pulled from their classes to go meet with their counselor and choose their courses for senior year.  As incoming seniors, they will need to make sure they have fulfilled all of their credits they need in order to graduate.

Many seniors have less than seven classes.  Junior Janice Wang has designed the schedule that suits her best.

“I know that during second semester of senior year I’m not going to want to be in a lot of classes, so I am taking both government and economics first semester so that I’ll have only five classes second semester,” Wang said.

Wang already has enough science credits to graduate since she took three science classes her junior year, but she still wants to challenge herself senior year.

“I think I am going to take AP chemistry even though I don’t need to because I don’t want to have too few of classes my senior year,” Wang said.

Junior Axel Perez talked about how he will probably take five or six classes during his senior year.

“I haven’t met with my counselor yet, but I think I already know what I want to do with my schedule,” Perez said.  “I don’t want to have too many classes because I want to have time to work on college applications and to find a job.”

Junior Clara VanLandingham has optimistic wishes for her schedule next year.

“I always hope for a great schedule, but I really hope my classes are put in a good order because it’s senior year,” VanLandingham said.