Fall Fever Fun Run helps students and faculty get into shape

Most of the Bellaire staff contributed to the race. Courtesy of Debra Campbell

Parents, volunteers, students and even toddlers crowded around the teacher’s parking lot and its adjacent streets, waiting to hear a starter’s gunshot.

The 16th Annual Bellaire Fever Fun Run took place on Sept. 28, Saturday at 6:00 in the morning. Sponsored by the Bellaire PTO and the Houston Orthopedic and Spine Hospital, the event included a one-mile competition for children and a five-mile race for adults. Hundreds of participants from the Bellaire community were dedicated to promoting health awareness and contributing to the PTO funds. In addition, student volunteers from National Honor Society, JROTC and Bellaire International Student Association arrived as early as 5:00 a.m. and played essential roles in organizing the event.

Sophomore Elisa Arango, a participant of the race and a helper at the after-party, had a great time at the event and explains why.

“It’s a great way to contribute to the Bellaire community,” Arango said. “Plus, it’s really fun to exercise with friends.”

After the official races, a joyous party took place in the teacher’s parking lot and prizes as extravagant as thirty-dollar gift cards were awarded to winners. Representatives from various Bellaire clubs also showed up and added to the atmosphere even more. Art Club offered face paintings to young children while Food Club supplied runners with healthy refreshments like water and bananas. Senior Aman Narayan, an eager competitor in the 5-mile run and the president of student council, comments on the success of the event.

“It’s really exciting to be here,” said Narayan. “It’s an excellent way to get in shape, and the cheers that you hear are really motivating.”