Stewart Cadillac Downtown Dealership holds downtown toy drive

Many attend the toy drive held at Stewart Cadillac’s downtown dealership. Courtesy of Howard Houston

Wednesday, Dec. 4, the Leading Ladies of Houston, along with members of Bellaire Men’s Youth Council attended a toy drive held at Stewart Cadillac’s dealership downtown. The gala was formal, and guests were asked to bring toys as gifts to be donated to underprivileged children in the Houston area.

Mackenzie Ward, Chairwoman of Houston’s Leading Ladies chapter, attended the gala and helped organize the event. She coordinated different aspects of the gala, and help set up at the location, which was the dealership of Stewart Cadillac.

“It was really nice to see so many people coming together to help make the holidays pleasant for so many underprivileged kids,” Ward said. “Stewart Cadillac donated $1000 to the event and hosted it too, which was really generous of them. This gala was the first event of a series for the toy drive. In a few days Leading Ladies will have the other event where we wrap all the toys that were donated the other night.”

Ward went on further to describe what Leading Ladies does and the general atmosphere of the gala. She is in her second year of Leading Ladies, and enjoys being so active in a group whose primary goal is to volunteer and make the community a better place.

“Leading Ladies of Houston, which is a group of hand selected girls mainly from Bellaire, Lamar, Episcopal, and Memorial, came and helped host the event,” Ward said. “Even some members of the Bellaire Men’s Youth Council attended. People were eating different snacks and talking, and everyone seemed to be happy and having a good time.”

The gala was successful in gathering many toys and gifts for the underprivileged children in Houston. The next event will be the second part of the toy drive where volunteers from the Houston Leading Ladies chapter will wrap the gifts that were donated at the event.