Cardinals Kick off Cardinal Kickoff!

Cardinals+Kick+off+Cardinal+Kickoff%21+

On Wednesday Feb. 20, Bellaire High School held its annual Cardinal Kickoff for prospective incoming freshmen. The event began with a presentation by the Principal McDonough and Student Council President Aman Narayan in the auditorium. They discussed the unique experience of attending Bellaire High School, attributing the diverse selection of clubs and activities. Afterwards, the 8th graders and their families got the chance to visit the jamboree inside the cafeteria. Several organizations highlighted the academic areas, clubs, athletics and fine arts available to students.

Junior Jenny Chen the president of the Habitat for Humanity Club participated in Cardinal Kickoff to showcase her club.

“I set up a booth with a trifold board and handed out flyers,” Chen said. “I think it is important for incoming freshmen to know what types of opportunities are here. At the same time, it helped Habitat for Humanity recruit possible new members. I had the chance to advertise my club and spark interest in many eighth graders who might attend Bellaire next fall.”

Chen remembers her experience at Cardinal Kickoff 3 years ago.

“I remember when I visited Bellaire as an eighth grader,” Chen said. “All the different extracurricular activities were overwhelmingly exciting. It definitely made me want to go to high school.”

The event, featuring with rows of poster boards and music, was an eye-opener for eager middle school students. It gave current students the chance to exhibit the activities they are involved in and gave eighth graders a look into what may possibly be a taste of their next four years.