Security Team Welcomes New Officer

Photo by Hannah Tang

Photo by Hannah Tang

Zean Liao, Sports Editor

In early February, Bellaire welcomed with open arms a new member to the faculty: Officer Elizabeth Colbert. Officer Colbert is the newest addition to the school’s security team, and since then she has not wasted a single moment in making moves at Bellaire. Colbert can be seen helping out with the early morning traffic rush and assisting with the parking lots in the afternoon, while also maintaining the same duties as a normal school police officer.

Colbert enjoys her new surroundings at Bellaire. She comments on what it’s like to work at the one and only Bellaire High School.

“I like working at this school,” Colbert said. “I think it’s a really nice school. It’s very big. The enrollment is actually very high here. I was very surprised to see how many kids go here.”

Of course, it always takes a little while to adjust to new surroundings. Officer Colbert speaks on things she has seen for the first time at her new workplace.

“It’s a little different than where I have worked in the past,” Colbert said. “There are a lot more programs here for the kids and there is lot of freedom for the kids here than at most schools.”

Colbert came the school ready to help solve problems. The only problem is that there wasn’t much that needed solving. Colbert explains how the things at Bellaire work.

“Everything works right now,” Colbert said. “I don’t see any major problems around here. The kids seem to get along with each other. I have seen the other staff members and they are always really helpful, and I don’t see anything that really has to be changed.”