eMotion Dancers Travel through Time

Claire Weddle, News Writer

On Fri. May 2, 2014 the Emotion dance team had a show with the theme of time travel.  The different dances had time themes that ranged from the French Revolution with Venetian Masquerade masks to the apocalypse.  It was the last show of the school year and the last performance for the seniors on the team.

Senior Alec Chi talked about his experiences with the team.

“I was on the team my freshman and sophomore year,” Chi said.  “I wasn’t on it my junior year, and I rejoined the second semester of this year.  I’m really glad I joined again.  I feel like I never left.”

Several months of work goes into the process of putting on a successful show.  Junior Jiyoon Ahn discussed some of the problems that arose.

“It was pretty difficult working with everyone and getting people to practice on time,” Ahn said.  “We all work on our dances individually, and we have a few rehearsals before the show to make sure it goes together well.  We chose costumes a couple of weeks ago to go with the themes of the dances.”

At the end of the show, the senior officers were honored with flowers given to them by the dance teacher, Sanja Korman.  It was a bittersweet moment for everyone on the stage.

“I’m sad that the seniors are leaving,” Ahn said.  “We share a very close bond because we always practice together and go out to eat after the shows together.  We’ve known each other for a long time.”

Chi shared his thoughts on the performance.

“I had a lot of fun, and I didn’t mess up,” Chi said.  “It was a good last show.  I’m going to miss my team a lot.”